Genealogy Research for Williamson County, Illinois
The Williamson County Clerk’s office provides copies of vital records for the purpose of genealogical research. In 1916, it became a law in the state of Illinois for counties to keep vital records. We began keeping vital records well before it became law.
- Birth records date back to 1877
- Marriage records date back to 1839
- Death records date back to 1877
Under Illinois law, genealogical records are defined as:
- Birth certificates older than 75 years
- Marriage certificates older than 50 years
- Death certificates older than 20 years
Obtaining a Genealogical Record
To obtain a genealogical record, you must:
• Fill out and sign a request form (or put the information in writing)
• Pay the required fee
• Mail or deliver the form to the Williamson County Clerk’s office
All genealogical records issued by the Clerk’s office are NOT considered certified documents and stamped “For Genealogical Purposes Only.”
Cost for a genealogy copy is $2.00 per document.
Mailing Your Request
Where To Mail Your Request:
Williamson County Clerk and Recorder
407 N Monroe, Suite 119
Marion, Illinois 62959
Pay Online & Email Request
Please note: this only applies to those paying through the online link below. If you wish to pay online via credit/debit card, please click the button below. There is an automatic additional fee added to your transaction for use of a credit/debit card. You may email your application and ID to email@example.com or fax to 618-993-2071.