Williamson County Recycling
407 N Monroe, Suite 220
Marion, IL 62959
Progress Port has taken over the Recycling Program. Times will now be M, W, F from 9 am to noon at the gravel lot across from the Administration Building in Marion. Scroll down for dates closed in 2022. The dates they are closed there will still be some 90 gallon trash cans that sit in the lot for drop off.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Williamson County Administrative Building, located at 407 N. Monroe St. in Marion.
Most recyclable material is taken to Republic Services. What Williamson County Recycling is able to collect:
- ALL PAPER such as Newspapers, Office Paper, Magazines Phone Books, Catalogs, hardback books (Remember to keep paper products dry). Newspaper inserts, junk mail and envelopes are also recyclable. Remove plastic sleeves, paper clips, binders and rubber bands.
- Cardboard/Paperboard. Please flatten boxes and cut large boxes to fit into container.
- Steel/Aluminum cans. Please rinse cans. Labels may be left on cans. Empty and flatten aluminum. No paint, gas or aerosol cans.
- Plastic Bottles #1 and #2 ONLY are accepted (such as soda and water bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles). NO polystyrene or styrafoam. Labels may be left on bottles. Flatten if possible.
Dates Recycling is Closed:
Progress Port, Inc. will be closed to individuals on the following days in 2022.
January 17th Monday Martin Luther King
February 11th Friday *Night to Shine Prom
February 21st Monday President's Day
March 4th Friday
March 10th & 11th Thursday & Friday Spring Break
April 15th-18th Friday & Monday Easter Holiday
May 27th & 30th Friday & Monday Memorial Day
June 10th Friday *Closed
June 24th Friday Closed
July 4th Monday 4th of July Holiday
August 5th Friday
August 19th Friday *Closed
August 26th Friday Closed
September 2nd & 5th Friday/Monday Labor Day
October 10th Monday Columbus Day
October 28th Friday *Halloween
November 11th Friday Veterans Day
November 24th & 25th Thursday & Friday Thanksgiving
December 23rd & 26th Friday & Monday Christmas
Material NOT Accepted
- All Glass
- Styrene or Styrafoam
- All household hazardous waste, paint and motor oil must be disposed of through an Illinois EPA sponsored collection. Please contact your local health department for information and times of Illinois EPA sponsored collections.
- Gas or Aerosol Cans
- Motor Oil Bottles
- Plastic Bags