Williamson County Recycling
407 N Monroe, Suite 220
Marion, IL 62959
WILLIAMSON COUNTY RECYCLING IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Republic Services is accepting recyclables from 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. Free of charge.
The address is 1410 W. Longstreet Road in Marion, IL 62959. The recycling container is on the left with the white lid.
Mondays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Williamson County Administrative Building, located at 407 N. Monroe St. in Marion. Also, Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. just north of City Hall, located at 100 W. Broadway Blvd., in Johnston City.
Most recyclable material is taken to Progress Port, located at 1120 N. Division St. in Carterville. Aluminum cans are taken to Cimco in Marion and sold to help fund the Williamson County Recycling program. What Williamson County Recycling is able to collect:
- ALL PAPER such as Newspapers, Office Paper, Magazines Phone Books, Catalogs, hardback books (Remember to keep paper products dry). Newspaper inserts, junk mail and envelopes are also recyclable. Remove plastic sleeves, paper clips, binders and rubber bands.
- Cardboard/Paperboard. Please flatten boxes and cut large boxes to fit into container.
- Steel/Aluminum cans. Please rinse cans. Labels may be left on cans. Empty and flatten aluminum. No paint, gas or aerosol cans.
- Plastic Bottles #1 and #2 ONLY are accepted (such as soda and water bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles). NO polystyrene or styrafoam. Labels may be left on bottles. Flatten if possible.
Material NOT Accepted
- All Glass
- Styrene or Styrafoam
- All household hazardous waste, paint and motor oil must be disposed of through an Illinois EPA sponsored collection. Please contact your local health department for information and times of Illinois EPA sponsored collections.
- Gas or Aerosol Cans
- Motor Oil Bottles
- Plastic Bags